Yesterday’s solutions fall short in meeting the challenges facing campus managers today. Historically, Portfolio Management platforms have been by necessity home-grown, often disjointed, collections of single-use software applications that have been difficult to use and maintain and that have made true collaboration virtually impossible. Higher Education Institutions, even more than most enterprises, need to be able to collaborate quickly and easily, both from the top down and from the bottom up, with collective intelligence.
Throughout history, colleges and universities have been society’s innovators. In the new paradigm, the “Green Campus” initiative has major implications for both Master Planning and Strategic Capital Development to ensure future sustainability. At the same time, significant (often drastic) reductions in funding resources challenge today’s institutional leaders to quickly adapt to tighter controls on capital and operational expenditures. Some view this shift as a burden. Innovative leading edge institutions, however, see it as an opportunity.
PMWeb used a similar visionary approach to develop an all-in-one solution that is 100% Web based with zero footprint for end users and that is now being adopted by leading institutions. It was built using state-of-the-art technology from the ground up and is designed specifically for institutions that need to plan, build and operate a wide range of projects and assets and that require the power and scalability of an enterprise solution. PMWeb was not “built on” or “built around” a legacy Windows application to adapt it for collaboration and use on the Web; rather, it was built with those features at its core. This assures that the user experience is seamless and that it readily adapts as technology evolves.
PMWeb is a workflow driven, total portfolio management solution for all phases of an asset’s lifecycle, from project planning using conceptual or detailed estimating, to procurement and scheduling, to space planning and maintenance. PMWeb delivers the next generation and a new breed of facility infrastructure management software with the most, and the easiest-to-use, features on the market today.
PMWeb provides the tools necessary to accomplish the challenges of today while offering a clear pathway into the future:
- Portfolio and Multi-Year CapEx Planning with estimate-driven initiative collaboration and approval.
- With one click generate Projects, Budgets, Estimates, and Schedules for initiatives you choose to fund.
- Centralized Project and Program tracking with rapid access to project details from summary portfolio views, Google map views, and interactive dashboards. Situations that could lead to a crisis quickly bubble to the surface, so that corrective action may be taken early.
- 100% web based, zero footprint (no plug-ins required), multi-browser compatible and can run from any device with a browser (even iPads and iPhones) – this guarantees easy access from anywhere.
- A familiar experience for the user with integration to Microsoft tools including Word, Excel, Project and Outlook. Word and Excel are the native form creation tools used by the software, bringing custom form design within reach of anyone with basic Office skills. That reduces the burden on IT staff and makes training easy and affordable.
- Business Intelligence Reporting that allows users to drill down from the highest level overview all of the way down to transactions.
- Ready to use out of the box for everything from small maintenance work orders all the way up to multi-year capital improvement projects.
- Unparalleled ease of use leads to quick implementation and rapid end user adoption, with a minimum of consulting and training services.